Thursday, January 15, 2009

Where in the world to get married?

The possibilities are endless. Where you live, where you're from, where you went to school, where he's from, where you met, a Caribbean island...

I could never consider a destination wedding for myself. For me, the distance disconnects me from the process. I am detail oriented and a planner by nature and I was way too excited to be a part of it all.
Although - I adore beach wedding pictures.

I was dating Mr. Bliss for several years before we became engaged and I, like any other normal girly girl in love, pictured my wedding in my head. I live in New York City and envisioned a classic Manhattan wedding. Ceremony at St. Patrick's, wedding photos in Central Park, my bridesmaids helping me carry my dress across the city streets...

It would have been fun, but I am a classic bride-to-be. I asked Mr. Bliss if we could get married in my hometown - in a historic, renovated mansion on a tree-lined river. I'll walk down the aisle in the church I've always belonged to and get ready for the big day in the bedroom I grew up in. My family is all still there and there is a feeling of comfort going "home".

No comments:

Post a Comment