Friday, June 19, 2009

Calligraphy, calligraphy, calligraphy

Now that the invitations are in, my immediate time and energy are dedicated to calligraphy. Many months ago, I decided I was going to learn calligraphy and address my invitations on my own. It is quite the undertaking! I chose to learn copperplate, which is the classic script style and is frequently used for formal writing.

Visit here to find out a bit more about Copperplate: Copperplate

Check out this video to see a professional write in this beautiful style: Copperplate Calligraphy

No matter how organized and obsessively clean you may be, the wedding will find a way to take over your space. At first, it's just a corner and at some point it manages to completely fill up a room. Here is my living room during a recent calligraphy session - I promise it doesn't stay like this for long!

No comments:

Post a Comment