Monday, April 27, 2009

Color Inspiration -- WHITE

I love white weddings! Which is, of course, why I decided to have a white wedding myself...

White wedding details are timeless - classic, and you can personalize your event with unique touches to make it all your own. You may want small color accents here and there, such as a shade of green, which can highlight flower buds and leaves. Or as I have shown below - bring in metallic accents in silver and gold for a traditional feel using silver trays, gold chairs and metallic ribbons.

When you design a monochromatic event, it gives you an opportunity to pay extra attention to textures. You can create a look using linens to completely change the aura of a room. I love the lacy details throughout the pictures below. The china coordinates with the place cards and with the candles, the mirrors and the wine favors. By the way - I love the wine with custom labels as a gift. Take yours one step further and make the wine yourself! You and your hubby-to-be can spend some quality time together learning all about the wine making process from crushing to bottling at Make Your Own Wine. If time and budget allow, it is such a romantic treat for the bride and groom to create a wine to give to their guests at the wedding.

I can predict multiple White inspiration boards in the future! :) But here are just a few to start you off! I love the yummy meringues - my favorite cookie! Hand them out to the guests as a favor or at the end of the night, or slip them in the welcome bags for an added treat!!

No comments:

Post a Comment