Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Wedding Registry

One of the many exciting parts of getting married is the gifting to help the couple start their new lives together. I love perusing a bride’s registry to see how she plans to fill her cabinets! When purchasing gifts for various wedding-related events, I also like to put a little of myself into the gift selection. One of my favorite gifts to give is something for the kitchen such as recipe books, cooking tools, etc. Then, I get this part from my mom (I already told you she's clever!) – I like to buy a few of the towels from the registry and wrap the gifts in the towels, tie with a pretty ribbon and decorate with silk flowers. It makes for a creative and useful way to give gifts!

One of my bridesmaids said she wanted to ignore my registry for our engagement party – here is what she gave us:

All in fun! But true :)

Here are a few of my favorite registry selections:
-All-Clad stainless steel pots and pans – isn’t it amazing?? It’s also safe cookware. I’m hesitant about non-stick cookware, given that the coating can scrape off and is poisonous.
-KitchenAid mixer – every new wife needs one of these! Such a lifesaver! Mama Bliss swears by hers. I was so excited to be engaged because now it’s my turn to get one!!!
Le Creuset Round Dutch Oven – beautiful, beautiful cookware. Such a nice heirloom piece.
Also pictured below: Calvin Klein organic towels, Waterford Lismore Nouveau crystal stemware, Mauviel copper mixing bowl, Kate Spade Belle Boulevard vases, Bride & Groom Cookbook, Riedel wine glasses, Crate and Barrel cupcake stand, Crate and Barrel white dinnerware, Samsonite luggage, Kosta Boda decorative bowls, Ralph Lauren bedding, and a bathroom set from Macy’s.


If you are looking for a creative gift to ease the stress of the busy bride-to-be, consider a gift from MissNowMrs.com. The service will help the bride to be change her last name on all the appropriate forms according to her state of residence – driver’s license, passport, social security card, credit cards, etc.


Happy shopping!

No comments:

Post a Comment