Monday, September 7, 2009

Ceremony Music

I have been spending a lot of time selecting the perfect music for my ceremony. There are many more pieces of music you need to pick than just the song you walk in to. Mr. Bliss and I are both Catholic and we are getting married in a Catholic church. Apparently, our diocese has some rules about what songs are appropriate to use in church. It has been my dream for quite some time to walk down the aisle to the song my mom did, "A Time for Us (The Love Theme from Romeo and Juliet)", but we apparently are not allowed to. I am terribly disappointed and was disinterested in finding music after finding out I couldn't use that piece of music.

Only recently, just a short time before the wedding, did I sit down and pick my music... here are our selections:
Processional - Jesu, Joy of Man's Desiring
Bride's Processional - Canon in D
Presentation of Gifts - Lord of the Dance
Recessional - Hornpipe

No comments:

Post a Comment