Sunday, August 16, 2009

My bridal shower - part two!

Here's a little surprise gift I received at my shower...

I'm sure you're thinking, "WHAT?!??!"

It's also what everyone else at my shower thought when they saw a box wrapped in baby wrapping paper. The looks on my bridesmaids' faces as they handed me the present, thinking someone must've been terribly confused when they purchased a gift.

It took a moment, but I knew what this was. I smiled as I looked at the troubled look on my guests' faces, they would soon know why I was receiving gift that looked fit for a baby shower! (It's not what you think!!)

As I peeled off the paper and pulled out these adorable baby clothes, there was a note underneath....
Sweet little clothes
So cute to see
Show them off
With smiling glee
Though they may be darling
They’re not what you think
They’re not for the nursery
They stay by the sink
Even if we are dreaming
With pink and blue wishes
You can just pull a few strings, and
Baby, go do the dishes!

This gift was from Mama Bliss. She loves the shock on everyone's face and she sits there silent as everyone tries to figure out what in the world is happening. After the bride reads the poem, everyone gets a good laugh. These sweet little baby clothes are really made from dish cloths - but don't really pull the strings! I wish I had taken a picture of Mr. Bliss when I re-opened all the presents with him later on that day!! Confusion followed by utter fear. Not yet, my dear, not yet. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment