Wednesday, June 30, 2010

August Bride Calligraphy

A friend of a friend is getting married at the end of August. Many weeks ago, she asked if I would do the calligraphy for her invitations. Having not used the skill I learned for my own wedding in over a year, I jumped at the chance to dig out my ink. The poor thing had a hold-up with her invitations and they were coming in later and later. Just two months before her wedding, I got her box of envelopes and buckled down to get to work. Over one weekend, I finished nearly 175 envelopes for her to pick up while she is visiting the area. Having sent my invitations out twelve weeks before my wedding, I really want her to get these in the mail ASAP! Good luck, Melissa! Enjoy!

After I finish an envelope, I set it out to dry. This is what part of my living room looked like during the process.


Here are a few examples of envelopes:


No comments:

Post a Comment